Work is going okay. We've had some issues arise this past week that makes it hard to want to continue staying there, but I'm waiting it out to see if things are properly handled, as promised they would be. I'm not good with confrontation or the stress that it brings with it, so fingers crossed the situation gets rectified ASAP.
As you know from my last post I was really sick with bronchitis for almost 2 weeks. I returned from work better, but still not completely well and this week I find myself feeling sick again with sinuses, sore throat, and the usual bleh cold symptoms. I'm doing all I can to work through them.
It's really frustrating because up until this year I was rarely ever sick. Now this is the third time this year. I'm taking a multi vitamin, a B complex, 1200mg Vit C, 4000D, and I'm still not able to fight it off :(
Today we had to take Lilly to her vet appointment to recheck everything with her Addison's (results tomorrow). After we were done we ran errands picking up business supplies and then I hit up Community Natural Foods.
I love that store, but hate how much I spend! I asked the "pharmacist" there what I could take to help boost my immune system after telling her my story of the past few months. I wanted something natural and safe. She recommended I take this...
She told me a group of oncologists use it on their patients in the states, to help immunity. It's a Micronized organic whole mushroom complex. She says it's amazing. I sure hope it works! I'm so sick of being sick!! I took the first one tonight. I'll keep you posted...
I also bought some great loot. I actually got groceries a couple nights ago, but added this to the pile. I got some great prices!
- Organic kale x2
- Whole wheat pita's
- Organic frozen blackberries
- Brown rice Pad Thai noodles
- Organic spinach
- Organic frozen bell peppers
- Onion rings
- Organic baby bell peppers, fresh
- 2 loafs Challah bread
- Dark chocolate quinoa puffs and cacao nibs
- Organic delicata squash
- Organic purple potatoes
- Organic GF mini nature bars
- Happy Planet organic soups; Garden Pea and Corn chowder
- Indonesian flavored Tempeh
- Veggie burgers
- Organic Dark chocolate carob bars
Last but not least I bought a new Sun Warrior. I bought the one on the right a few weeks ago, only to discover that it wasn't the one I was used to and I don't like it at all! They look very similar so read the label closely! The Warrior Blend is much sweeter. They are sweetened with Stevia but IMO the blend one tastes very artificial and funky. An expensive lesson to learn. Luckily my hubby will drink anything so he will use it up!
With the intentions of blogging I had a ton of meal pictures to share. I won't torture you like that, so here is just a peak at some of my recent eats in no particular order;
- Yves veggie corn dogs
- Poached egg tomato soup (Martha Stewart recipe, so good!)
- Greek yogurt, fruit and walnuts with english muffin with PB & banana
- Gardein crispy chik'n, potatoes, carrots
- Corn flake crusted salmon with brown rice and veggies
- Tomato and cheese toasted foccacia and baked chips
- Vegetable spaghetti
- Heritage O's cereal and fruit
- Teriyaki Salmon, rice, miso soup
- Vegetarian lasagna
- Caesar salad with avocado
- Veggie Patch chik'n nuggets, potatoes with nutritional yeast, mixed veggies.
I really appreciate anyone who is popping over to see how I'm doing and I will make an honest effort to be more timely with my posts. Hope your all doing wonderful! <3
I leave you with a few pic's of our furkids:)
P.S. If you want to see little tidbits everyday, join me on Instagram! My user name is Dailydoseofhealthy :-)